- What Is a Kachina?
- Ancient Aliens Debunked, Then Unbunked and Rebunked
- The incredible story of The Dropa Stones.
- The Grooved Spheres…
- Is There Such A Thing As Luck?
- Joseph P Farrell – Nazis, Giants and Cosmic Elites
- Remote Viewing: Is Peering into the Matrix Possible?
- Stargate and the Military’s Psychic Spies
- The Dogon, The Nommos and The Sirius Stars
- Halloween: Some Observations, and The Truth
- Werewolves Aren’t Real
- Are Ghosts Real?
- Amityville House of Horror?
- Why Do We Make Jack-O-Laterns on Halloween?
- The Legend Of The Headless Horseman
- A 2012 Message of Hope
- David Wilcock’s The Source Field Investigations
- Screaming Skulls Coming to Haunt You
- Mystery of the 27 year-old Dying Rockers
- The TR-3B – A Real Life UFO
- The Jersey Devil! - A Legend Fit for Jersey
- Ancient Red-Haired Giants in Lovelock, Nevada, USA
- The Bermuda Triangle: Fact, Fiction, Or Hoax?
- Puma Punku at Tiwanaku, Ancient Ruins in Bolivia
- Strange Skulls and Giant Skeletons
- The Shroud Of Turin: Real Or Fake?
- Bigfoot: Is Sasquatch Real?
- Where is the Capstone of the Great Pyramid?
- The Evil Eye and the All Seeing Eye
- What is the "Grinning Man"?
- The Mystery Of The Baigong Pipes
- The Emerald Tablet
- The Mummies of the Grand Canyon
- The Loch Ness Monster - Monster or Myth?
TagsAliens Ancient astronauts Anthropology Atlantis China Conspiracy theories Cultural anthropology Culture Edgar Cayce Egypt Elbert County Georgia Elberton Georgia Esotericism Extraterrestrial life Folklore Georgia Georgia Guidestones Golden Dawn Graham Hancock Hermeticism Human Interest Israel Magic Mesoamerica Mesopotamia Mysteries Nature New Jersey Occult Paranormal Peru Psychic Psychic powers Religion/Belief Remote Viewing Rosicrucianism South America Spiritualism spirit world Stargate Texas Thoth Ufology United States Viracocha
Tag Archives: History channel
If you have seen the new History Channel Ancient Astronauts documentary series or read books by Von Daniken and others you are familiar with the ancient astronaut theory. The idea that proposes that old myths, stories, art and physical structures start to make a lot more sense when you imagine that aliens once came to Earth and had dealings with the humans or proto-humans. An alternate theory is that the stories, art, etc were created by shamans or “psychonauts”. Rather than any physical beings coming to Earth or other paranormal activities actually occurring, what occurred was internal mental-spiritual journeys of great imagination which generated the strange artifacts. Either way, the artifacts of history and ancient culture are something to ponder. Here we have collected a few images of the anomalous things mentioned by the TV series and others.
The vimanas (flying ships) from ancient India:
There is an underwater structure off the coast of Japan that appears to be earthworks created by an unknown civilization. The “Japanese Atlantis” has been covered in Graham Hancock’s book Underworld and more recently by the History channel’s Ancient Astronauts documentary series. The key fact about the site is that it is far below sea level now and would not of been above the water level for a very long time and might have been underwater for 10000 years or more. At that time, it would have been connected to the Asian mainland and of course we have no information about sophisticated cultures that might have been responsible for such a creation.
Some experts argue that structures could be natural formations. What makes it difficult is that there are existing artificial earthworks above the sea level in Japan, like the ancient castles in Okinawa and ancient grave sites, so it is known that ancient peoples have created such structures. At the same time, the ones at Yonaguni have been underwater for so long the erosion makes it hard to know for sure. The complex mix of strange structures and arrangements in such close proximity give confidence to the proponents of the man-made possibility.
The important question that the site presents is – Is the bulk of the history of human civilization lost? One theory proposed in Gaham Hancock’s books and others is that, when the end of the last Ice Age released tremendous amounts of water and raised sea levels, it covered up a good portion of the world’s ancient cities and creations, like Yonaguni.