- What Is a Kachina?
- Ancient Aliens Debunked, Then Unbunked and Rebunked
- The incredible story of The Dropa Stones.
- The Grooved Spheres…
- Is There Such A Thing As Luck?
- Joseph P Farrell – Nazis, Giants and Cosmic Elites
- Remote Viewing: Is Peering into the Matrix Possible?
- Stargate and the Military’s Psychic Spies
- The Dogon, The Nommos and The Sirius Stars
- Halloween: Some Observations, and The Truth
- Werewolves Aren’t Real
- Are Ghosts Real?
- Amityville House of Horror?
- Why Do We Make Jack-O-Laterns on Halloween?
- The Legend Of The Headless Horseman
- A 2012 Message of Hope
- David Wilcock’s The Source Field Investigations
- Screaming Skulls Coming to Haunt You
- Mystery of the 27 year-old Dying Rockers
- The TR-3B – A Real Life UFO
- The Jersey Devil! - A Legend Fit for Jersey
- Ancient Red-Haired Giants in Lovelock, Nevada, USA
- The Bermuda Triangle: Fact, Fiction, Or Hoax?
- The Shroud Of Turin: Real Or Fake?
- Puma Punku at Tiwanaku, Ancient Ruins in Bolivia
- Bigfoot: Is Sasquatch Real?
- Strange Skulls and Giant Skeletons
- Where is the Capstone of the Great Pyramid?
- The Evil Eye and the All Seeing Eye
- What is the "Grinning Man"?
- The Mystery Of The Baigong Pipes
- The Emerald Tablet
- The Loch Ness Monster - Monster or Myth?
- The Mummies of the Grand Canyon
TagsAliens Ancient astronauts Anthropology Atlantis China Conspiracy theories Cultural anthropology Culture Edgar Cayce Egypt Elbert County Georgia Elberton Georgia Esotericism Extraterrestrial life Folklore Georgia Georgia Guidestones Golden Dawn Graham Hancock Hermeticism Human Interest Israel Magic Mesoamerica Mesopotamia Mysteries Nature New Jersey Occult Paranormal Peru Psychic Psychic powers Religion/Belief Remote Viewing Rosicrucianism South America Spiritualism spirit world Stargate Texas Thoth Ufology United States Viracocha
Tag Archives: Moctezuma
Archaeologists have conducted the first study of the ancient ruins of the Mexican pyramids with a robot. The device was able to enter a tunnel that is 2000 years old and runs under one of the temple pyramids at Teotihuacan or the “City of the Gods” near Mexico City. The video captured by the robot showed that the tunnel was definitely man-made with blocks and tool marks in the well-shaped passageway. It appears that the tunnel was filled-in by local residents between 200 and 250 AD. The tunnel was found under the Quetzalcoatl temple using ground sensing radar while researchers were investigating several ancient shafts.
It appears the tunnel, which is 40 ft (12 m) underground, is safe for people to enter so that may be the next step. There also appears to be various rooms connected to the main tunnel. Hopefully, some of these will contain some artifacts because very little is known about the ancient builders and inhabitants of the site. There have been very few clues from the original period of the site, there is only the limited information that the Aztecs explained to the Spanish about it. When the Aztecs arrived to found the nearby Tenochtitlan (Mexico City) by prophecy in about 1300, the pyramids were already ancient. The last Aztec emperor Moctezuma had great reverence for the temples and made many visits there in the last years of his reign. The Aztecs inherited much of their culture from the Toltecs who were the dominate culture in the region from around 800 to 1000 AD. The builders of the pyramids are from a culture much older still.
For the last few years, in order to resolve the mystery about the site, researchers have been looking for exactly this kind of tunnel when they discovered it. Already, they have found some unique jewelry and ceramic items. If they can find tombs of former elite or early inhabitants it would be a major breakthrough. The settlement is thought to be at least 2500 years old.